AdvantagePlus of Indiana Federal Credit Union is owned by its members and run by a board of directors that you elect. You are our most important asset and we value your business. You can be confident that your financial privacy is a top priority of this credit union.
The following information describes how we collect, use and safeguard your information. If you have any questions, please contact us at our office in Terre Haute at 812-231-7900, toll-free at 800-452-4917, or use our on-line Contact Us form.
In order to assist you with your financial needs and provide you excellent customer service, it is often necessary to collect and maintain certain types of information. We will collect or retain nonpublic personal information about you from the following sources:
- Information we receive from you on membership applications, loan applications and other forms, such as name, address, social security number, assets and income
- Information about your transactions with us or others, such as payment history and account balances
- Information we receive from a consumer reporting agency, such as your credit worthiness and credit history
- Information obtained when verifying the information you provide on an application or other forms, such as from your current or past employers, or from other institutions where you conduct financial transactions
AdvantagePlus of Indiana Federal Credit Union does not disclose nonpublic personal information about you to other parties, except as permitted by law. This may result in the disclosure of information in certain situations including:
- To Process Transactions
- To effect, administer, or enforce a transaction that you request or authorize
- To protect the integrity and security of our financial records
- To prevent actual or potential fraud, unauthorized transaction, claims or other liability
- To a consumer reporting agency in accordance with the Fair Credit Reporting Act
- To comply with federal, state, or local laws, rules and other applicable legal requirements
- To the extent specifically permitted or required under the Right to Financial Privacy Act
In situations where your information is shared, we request other parties to treat and maintain the privacy of your information with the same degree of diligence and attention that is required by us. We require outside companies to whom we provide member information for servicing or processing, to enter into a confidentiality agreement that restricts the use of the information to those purposes.
We do not sell or share personal information to other companies for the purpose of marketing their products or services to you.
If you decide to terminate your membership or become an inactive member, we will follow the same privacy policies and practices described in this notice.
AdvantagePlus of Indiana Federal Credit Union restricts access to your personal and account information to employees who need to know that information to provide products or services to you. Employees not adhering to our firm policies are subject to disciplinary action. We maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards that comply with federal and state regulations to guard your nonpublic personal information.
Maintaining accurate information is essential to protecting the integrity of our member's records. AdvantagePlus of Indiana Federal Credit Union takes all precautions, in accordance with reasonable commercial standards, to ensure information is current and complete. Should you ever believe that our records contain inaccurate or incomplete information about you , please notify us at 812-231-7900, toll-free 800-452-4917, or use our on-line Contact Us form. We will respond to all requests in a timely manner.
Protecting Children's Online Privacy
AdvantagePlus of Indiana FCU does not knowingly collect, nor is our Web Site designed or directed, to use personal information from children under the age of 13 without containing verifiable consent from their parents. Should a child we know to be under the age of 13 send us personal information, we will only use that information to respond directly to that child, seek parental consent or provide parental notice.
Links to Vendors and Third Parties
AdvantagePlus of Indiana FCU does have links on our Web Site to other vendors and third parties. These links are added to give you opportunities to participate with that vendor or third party to take advantage of their services or products. We cannot guarantee how these third parties use or collect personably identifiable information about you. We urge you to review the privacy policies of each of the linked Web Sites you visit. APIFCU requires strict confidentiality from any vendors or third parties we associate with, but cannot control every aspect of their business.
Visiting Us Online
We may gather information about which sites our visitors browse. This enables us to track how a visitor navigates through the site areas in which they show interest. We gather information such as number of hits to the site, page visits, and length of user sessions. This is similar to a traffic report: it tracks trends and behaviors of members/users in general, but does not identify individuals in particular. We use this information to better serve you and it helps keep our site relevant and useful.